Ben came home for a visit this week. It is so good to have him here! We really miss having all the family together. It's been a while.
I just wanted to express how grateful I am to be a part of the Vehikite family. I feel like they are MY brothers and sister too. Even before Ken and I met, I loved his family. They have always been so good to me. I was always treated like one of the family with them even before I really was.
I have been thinking alot lately about recognizing the hand of the Lord in my life. I feel like he has guided me and blessed me to be where I am today. To be with these people I love. Our families have intertwined for years, even before I was born. Ken's grandpa Lucas performed the marriage ceremony for my parents. His grandparents and parents drove my grandma to church for many years. His Grandpa and grandma reached out with love and friendship to my mom when she was new in the gospel. I could go on and on. My mom continues to tell me how wonderful Ken's grandma Lucas was every chance she gets. She prepared Sunday School lessons carefully and thouroughly so that she would be ready to answer my dad's questions about the gospel he was investigating at the time. This was definately no accident that we are tied together now. How grateful I am for the sealing power of the priestood that binds us together as families and gives us hope and joy!









6 comments:
Thanks for the beautiful post. It always amazes me to look back and see the hand of the Lord in my life.
Thanks for the patriotic pics and songs. I love them.
This post gives me goose bumps!! What a sweet story! I really do see our lives as a tapestry created by the Lord.
What a sweet post. How nice that the ties to Ken's family goes so far back. That is really special.
Like Lynell, I love your patriotic eagle. Have a happy 4th.
p.s. drop by my blog. I gave you an award
I love the look!!! It totally rocks! Happy 4th tomorrow!
Hi Mandy,
I loved your blog today. Dad and I are so proud of you and the way you and ken have chosen to lead your lives. We have always loved the Lucas/Vehikite families and recognize the hand of the Lord in all that has transpired throughout the years.
God bless you my sweet daughter!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment