Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some Yummy Recipes

I recently found a couple of great mexican recipes that are really easy to make. Anytime I find something that takes minimal effort and tastes good, I'm all over it. So here they are:

Chicken Bean Burritos
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can of Bush's chili beans
1 cup of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
1-2 cups of cooked rice

Put chicken, beans and salsa and taco seasoning in a crock pot, cook for 3-5 hours, shred chicken. Add rice during the last 30 minutes. Roll up into a tasty burrito.

Pork Tacos
1 pork roast (4 lbs or so)
1 jar of salsa
1/2 cup of brown sugar
tortillas
taco fixings:
avocado
tomatoes
cheese
cilantro
sour cream

Put pork in crock pot. Pour salsa over and add brown sugar cook for 6-8 hours on low. Shred with two forks, stir well. Warm tortillas on stove top (gas burner). Put meat, cheese, etc on taco. YUM, YUM.

Both of these are a good dip for tortilla chips too :) They don't last long at our house. Did I mention how much I love my crockpot?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you! I LOVE my crockpot too...I'll have to email you some of my easy faves and you'll have to do the same. Makes life so much easier!

The Dumpert Family said...

I love my crockpot, but I don't use it nearly as much as I should:) I even bought a cook book to get some good ideas. The only dinner my family REALLY likes from the crockpot is chicken and dumplings. I'm going to have to try these. They sound YUMMY!

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)