Friday, September 12, 2008

Emma's Birthday





I'm kinda late for this post. Emma's Birthday was the 8th. I left my camera at my sister-in-law's for a few days, but now I've got it, so here they are:
Emma's birthday spanned from Saturday to Tuesday (the 9th)this year. :) Saturday my mom came to pick her up to go pick out her gift. My parents bought her a "Razor" (Scooter). She absolutely loves it! Sunday she brought a change of clothes with her for after church. When we got a block from home, she asked me to drop her off so she could scoot the rest of the way home. She wants to take it everywhere.
We planned on taking her to a stonecutter shop here in town. It was a neat little shop full of any kind of stones you can think of. They can make jewelry out of the stones you choose, but the thing Emma was interested in was the little stone animals. She got two frogs and a hippo. Really cute, but kinda pricey for no bigger than they were. This trip to the rock shop was planned for her birthday, until I called the day of and realized that they are not open on Mondays. She was disappointed, but we ended up going the next night.
She did however, get to take cupcakes to school on her birthday. It was fun making them, but after it was over, I didn't want to look at another cupcake for a while. Emma helped me make them. They were pretty cute. They are supposed to be apples. I didn't get a shot of the ones she took to school. They had gummy worms coming out of them. As you can see, the cupcakes were the main event of her birthday here at home. Lots of pictures of them. The frosting was the best part:
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8oz. pkg of cream cheese (right out of the fridge)
5 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 Cups sifted confectioners sugar
Cream together the first 3 ingredients and then stir in the sugar a little bit at a time.
It makes the yummiest frosting ever!

Ok back to my story... I can't believe Emma is 11 now! One more year until she goes into Young Women. Time really flies. Poor Emma gets all our trial and error too. We make dumb mistakes with her because it's all uncharted territory for us. But I guess that's part of being the first. We are so blessed to have our sweet Emmie lou and we wouldn't trade her for anything...Happy Birthday, Emma!

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Happy belated birthday Emma. Those cupcakes look great...wish I had one right now.

Thanks for the recipe...can't wait to try it.

We are so excited for Pat and Erin...can't wait....we will be going up in a couple of weeks.

Have a great weekend.

The Dumpert Family said...

Happy B-Day, Emmy Lou! Tasha says happy birthday too....wow that rhymnes:) Love those cup cakes! Did you make the candles too? pretty talented of you:)

Love,
Aunt Jenny and Tasha

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! I can't believe you are 11! Holy cow!!

I love the candles on the cupcakes! How fun is that? I will have to try the frosting- looks yum-o-licious!!

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)