I feel sooo dumb. We went camping Friday night, and I forgot my camera!! We had such a great time! Friday afternoon, Ken and I went on a date and then picked the kids up from Mom and Dad and we were off.
We have some friends that let us use their land. They live in a wooded area not real far from where we live that is just beautiful. We loved getting away for a while and relaxing around a fire. We cooked dinner and had marshmallows and just enjoyed being together. All night we could hear coyotes howling. It was really cool, but we were glad to have our friends' dogs not too far away. We told the little ones that the coyotes were owls so they wouldn't get scared.
This was our first campout as a family, kind of a trial run. (I hadn't been camping since college) We figured out some things that we didn't have that we really needed. When we left, I thought Ken brought all the blankets and he thought I brought them, so what we did have, the kids used. They didn't even notice it was 50 degrees at night, but Ken and I about froze:) Other than that, we managed to remember everything else we needed. We definately want to go again soon. I WILL bring my camera then.









5 comments:
So fun!
Patrick and I need to get out and go camping more often! We love it too!
How Fun! It is SO nice to get away without TV. We like to play board games and just sit and enjoy the fresh air.
What fun...except the freezing at night part...sorry you forgot the camera
That is SOOOOOO cool! I want to go camping! (I probably don't really until this baby comes though!) I now have hope though, if you haven't been since college and you did it, then all is not lost for me to eventually get my family out there and go camping!
Hey, we should totally go together! Andy did really well camping! That would be fun! Oh, and by the way, you would think that I would always remember to bring my camera, being a photographer and all, but nope, I didn't take it to the Heritage Days and it was the first time the Marley and Andy have ridden a ride together! Haha! LOL!
Post a Comment