Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let's Play Ball!!


Saturday was the start of the Softball season for Emma, Lilli, and Naomi. We spent the whole day at the ballpark. The day started off pretty chilly, but by noon the weather was beautiful. Emma played great. Her team is sponsered by Dairy Queen. They didn't win their first game. They are a little rusty and I think most of the girls don't know the little things you need to know to play well yet. Emma did well. She singled and caught a fly ball. She is in a new league for 9 and 10 yr olds. They are learning how to pitch, so there isn't alot of action. Lots of walks. Emma would like to pitch i think, but her coach tells her he needs her on third base. Lilli and Naomi are on the same team. We're not real excited that their team is sponsered by the Church of God because they want them to yell it out as a team before they go on the field. We just think it's pretty irreverent. Lilli and Naomi are funny. I can see them bite their lips as the team shouts it out. We told them it's not good to do. We can't do anything about the fact that it's on their shirts though.

Lilli also plays third base. She caught a fly ball as well. Naomi plays left center. Not much action out there. There's a lot of drawing in the dirt with her feet. She didn't get a hit Saturday. She swings the same place and the same way every pitch, so if the coach doesn't hit her bat, it doesn't happen. :) It's fun to watch them. Emma and Lilli are so much better than last year, and despite not getting a hit, Naomi remains happy and is having fun.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a fun day! I love it how, "the coach has to hit her bat" I think that's true for most kids her age.

It might be bad to say, but I think it is hilarious that the girls' team is the Church of God... I am just shaking my head right now with a big smile on my face. I'm proud of them for not yelling the chant before the game.

Hey, I love the look of your blog. It looks fantastic!

We love you guys!

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)