Last evening our elementary school held a Kindergarten orientation. All three of the big girls had softball practice and Ken had to work, so it was just me and the two little ones. They split the children into 3 groups so they could take turns in each of the 3 kindergarten rooms doing little activities. Eli wrote his name and drew a picture of himself in the first classroom an then moved on to the second. (He was the only boy in his group. I think there was about 3times more girls there than boys.) He sat down at a little table by himself and the teacher asked him to join the girls. I guess that really embarrassed him to be singled out because then he wouldn't sit down at all. I took him out of the room until the next rotation. He was fine in the 3rd classroom. I hope by the end of the summer he will be a little more confident without me.









3 comments:
Just wait a few years and Eli will love being surrounded by girls! smile!
What a fun experience and practice for the real thing next year.
Here in our neighborhood there are close to a million boys. (What do you mean slight exaggeration?) Which is great for my boys, but I was thinking that there just aren't as many girls out there. Now I know that they are all out there by you!!!
It is always hard sending our kids off to Kindergarten. I am sure by the end of Summer he will be ready and waiting to go.
I love Lilli's pictures. She must take after her Uncle Patrick!
Post a Comment