We had a fun day at Calloway Park today. The pool here in Elwood isn't going to open this summer, so we have to get creative. My plan for this summer was to spend almost everyday at the pool. Plans have changed.
Yesterday during Lilli and Naomi's practice, Eli came running up to me shouting, "It's real, mom...it's real!" I at first thought he found a toad, but as he got closer I found it was a tiny snapping turtle. It was a cute little thing. Emma, the animal lover she is, latched on to it immediately and before we got home, he was part of the family complete with his own name--Dinky V.
We kept him overnight until Ken came home from work the next morning and informed us that turtles can carry salmonella and the little guy really would be happier at the creek. Emma was a little disappointed, but agreed with us that the turtle had a better chance at survival living outside. Today we returned him to the "wild"
It ended up being a beautiful day. Low humidity and sunny. We met my sister-in-law and her kids at the park for lunch and then released Dinky. Here are some pictures of our day









4 comments:
Great pictures.... good luck to Dinky V.
Mandy... I LOVE your pictures! I know I say this all the time, but I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are adorable!
Dinky V. is a cute little guy, too bad husbands are so practical huh? smile!
Thanks for the comment you left me Mandy. I appreciate it.
Drop by any time. I love hearing from you... in fact I made cyber breakfast for you this morning... come on over.
I think Michaela & Emma would get along well. Michaela is quite an animal lover too!!!
Post a Comment