Friday, May 16, 2008

Pioneer Day






Emma had her Pioneer Day at school today. She looked so cute in her outfit!! I quickly put together her apron this morning. I wish I had white material, but it turned out ok. From far away you can't tell what a poor job I did with the sewing. :)
I took the two little ones to the park to visit her class. Gratefully, it was a beautiful day. 65 degrees and sunny. I think the kids had a lot of fun. In this picture, Emma and the other kids are doing Tin Punch. (I don't really know what it's called. That's just what I was told.) They made pretty designs by hammering nails into a can lid. They also made little dolls, purses and candles.
Each child brought a vegetable to add to the stew they cooked over an open fire for lunch. After lunch they all danced the Virginia Reel and listened to a man who was in the character of a fur trader tell stories. It was a good day, but we were tired when it was all over.

4 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun activity! I think her apron looks fantastic! She looks great!

Patrick and I are going to be a "ma and pa" for our Stake trek activity this summer. I think it should be a lot of fun!

Lynell said...

That looks like so much fun. I hope they do something like that for my daughter. What a great activity.

Grammy Staffy said...

My kids never had a fun day like this at school. What a good experience.

I've added you, Lilli and Emma to my link list. I hope that you don't mind me checking in on you and saying "Hi". Be glad that you were only 65....we were 103 in CA yesterday.

We are having a great time visiting Lynell and Erin. Have a good day

Grammy Staffy said...

P.S. We are enjoying visiting Patrick and Dathan too. I didn't mean to leave them out.

Lonica and Johnny were excited to find new blog friends. They both have made comments to Lilli and Emma. They are hoping to get some "pen pals" going..... or should I say "blog pals"

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)