Wednesday, May 7, 2008

OUCH!

Last night I asked Ken to help me get started with a workout. I do a little here and there, but nothing too serious. I told him that I wanted to get serious and do something. He is really good about working out. He loves to lift weights and he is disciplined enough to do it about 3 or 4 times a week, so I figured I need to take advantage of the opportunity to have a workout partner even if I can't do the same things as him. He likes to work out with kettlebells and sledge hammers and free weights.
He started me out with a small circuit of squat presses with a 15lb dumbell and a little work with the sledge hammer. The sledge hammer was no problem. It basically just raises my heart rate, but the squat press deals, they about killed me. I didn't think what I was doing would be a big deal, but when I fininshed I felt like one of those people who had to learn to walk all over again. I've had wobbly legs after working out before, but nothing like this. I think it is safe to say that I way over did it. I guess I thought I was in better shape than I was. My mind is always thinking my body can do things that it just can't. I'll get there eventually. It's just gonna take longer than I thought. :)

2 comments:

Lynell said...

You go girl. I really need to get into some kind of exercise routine. I just keep talking about it and not doing anything. Keep it up. Your muscles might be hurting. But at least you know you have muscles. Ü

Erin said...

I feel your pain! One time I worked out too hard and I could not sit down without major help... it made going to the bathroom really complicated!

We should all set goals and then report to each other every week or 2 weeks... I would love that!

Keep it up! You are awesome!

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)