We signed Eli up for a wrestling clinic. It is so fun to watch those little guys roll around on the mat! :) In January he'll join the wrestling club here in Elwood and wrestle in meets from January to the beginning of March. The coaches say that you can be as involved as you like to be, but of course, with more meets you get more practice and more experience.
He seems to really like it and Ken likes that he's getting a chance to get involved in something with other little boys. Hanging around all these girls is fine, but a guy has to get away sometimes to do his stuff with the boys.
Elwood is trying to build a better program. The high school program is pretty weak right now and they think that they can eventually have a good club by exposing these kids to the sport earlier.
Hopefully he'll enjoy himself enough to keep going, cause I love to watch.









2 comments:
Go Eli!! I love the pictures!
My brother wrestled his freshman year of H.S.... I went to only one meet and decided I could not go to any more. He was such a little guy at the time and watching him get pinned was just too hard to watch! Wrestlers give it their all!
Good luck to Eli. As Erin said, our David wrestled for one year. It is a tough sport. I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it is. David went into swimming the next year. Having to practice in a pool hours a day with the swim team wasn't easy....especially in the winter since it was an outdoor pool but his body was better built for swimming and he did well at it.
Tell Nomi that now she can officially sing "All I want for Christmas is my two "one" front teeth" now. I love that toothless grin you posted.
I have a Christmas message that I would like to share with you. I hope that you can drop by my blog and read it.
We look forward to seeing Erin and Pat and I know you do too.
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment