President Brigham Young once stated: "I do not know of any, excepting the unpardonable sin, that is greater than the sin of ingratitude."“I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy.” -Anne Frank
Come, all ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home;
All is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied;
Come to God’s own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home.
On that note... I've decided to make my own gratitude list inspired by my awesome sister-in-law, Erin.
1.) For my beautiful children who teach me everyday.
2.) For Ken's calming influence
3.) Our computer
4.) Hot water
5.) Cars that run
6.) The pretty frost crystals on my window
7.) melty cheese
8.) time to improve myself
9.) all I'm learning in my online class
10.) walks with my kids on summer evenings
11.) autumn!
12.) air in my lungs
13.) my sight
14.) the fact that my children are healthy
15.) parents that can always make me smile
16.) hope
17.) temple blessings
18.) my sewing machine
19.) books
20.) people that make me laugh
21.) prophets to guide me
22.) heat in the winter and a/c in the summer
23.) holidays to look forward to
24.) flowers
25.) sunsets
26.) Ruthie's kisses
27.) Eli's smile
28.) Emma's laugh
29.) Naomi to cuddle with
30.) Lilli's enthusiasm
31.) this great country
32.) men and women who died to make me free
33.) my good ancestors
34.) my grandma Small for being our pioneer in the gospel
35.) my mother for years and years of ongoing sacrifice for me
36.) my dad for being an example of patience and kindness
37.) cinnamon spice and other food scented candles
38.) my camera
39.) chocolate
40.) parties
41.) my friendship with Ken
42.) the apple orchard
43.) naps
44.) rainy days in the summer
45.) peace
46.) hot tomatoes fresh out of the garden
47.) windy, kite flying days
48.) email
49.) the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves me
50.) prayer
51.) a starry night
52.) Ken's family
53.) music, music, music
54.) having a little one at home with me
55.) lower gas prices
56.) rainbows
57.) forgiveness
58.) the Plan of Salvation
59.) My Savior, Jesus Christ
60.) friends
61.) Christmas lights
62.) Ken's jobs
63.) canned pumpkin :)
64.) the good examples I had growing up
65.) life...isn't it great?!!
It's amazing the good feelings I've had while compiling this list. I feel incredibly blessed. I think gratitude is a very powerful thing. It humbles me. It's like an accounting of the love of God and his hand in my life, and I know that this isn't even a portion of what he's done for me. We all have so many reasons to be happy and grateful! Happy Thanksgiving.









4 comments:
How nice. I love your gratitude list. I am here with Erin and Patrick tonight. Pat sang a solo in church today and Erin taught a beautiful lesson in RS. It has been a wonderful visit with our Utah family. We hate to go home but are grateful that we had this time together.
Have a good week.
I love your list! Isn't it amazing how blessed we are? We have so much to be thankful for!
We CANNOT wait to see you guys... in almost exactly one month! Yippee!
Like my mom said- Patrick did such a great job today with his solo!! I am so proud of him!
OK, we definitely have the same taste. Once again, we chose the same template. We are so cool!
Hope your holidays are happy...
Mandy - Thank you so much for your gratitude list - it made my day. I'm reading through blogs for the first time in forever and have felt so uplifted by yours... as always. Your children are beautiful and I have loved to get another glimpse of your lives together. Love you - always, Shellie
Post a Comment