Saturday, November 1, 2008

Some Halloween Pictures...minus Ruthie for some reason



This Halloween was a little different. We had our first try at Trunk-or-Treating in our branch.

Every family brought a pot of Chili to be tasted and judged in different catagories. There were some really yummy versions of Chili that I had never tried before. My favorite was one that had garbanzo beans mixed in it and a hint of cinnamon taste. I'm going to ask for the recipe of that one.

They were all different. I have to admit that I never make Chili the same twice. I think I'm doing the same thing each time, but somehow it always has a different flavor to it. Is there anything unique that you put in your chili??



We were happy to see that Eli and Jordan (Ken's cousin's son) who are in the same primary class, both dressed as ninjas. Those little guys are so cute at this age!

Naomi dressed as a ballerina, Lilli is a gypsy and Emma is dressed as a mouse.

Ruthie didn't get in any of the pictures. There were alot of people at the activity and she wouldn't let go of my leg long enough for me to get a picture. She was dressed as a fairy.





I think I like Trunk-or-Treating. All the candy getting happens all at once without all the travel and time involved and it turns out, there was less candy.









I always try to sneak in a picture of Ken when he isn't paying attention. He was supervising our kids as they went from car to car...




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the Trunk or Treat too! It made us feel not so guilty about skipping the church member's houses because of all the travel we have to do with our families! I got to see all the kids too, and normally I don't see any of them. I put chocolate in my chili to keep the acid down on the tomatoes.

Mandy said...

Great idea with the chocolate. I don't think I knew who's chili was who's. We got there late and missed the awards. I may not have gotten to try yours. Who knows. I think I had 3 different.
I was so happy we didn't have to drive all over creation in order to trick or treat this year. It was fun getting to see all the kids in their costumes. I don't usually get to see all of them either. I enjoy seeing the pics of Andy. He's a crack-up!

Cheryl said...

My favorite chili is called white lightning chili. It has white beans and chicken and a white sauce. I think I might just make it this week. It's supposed to snow here Tues and Wed.

Erin said...

The kids look so cute! What a fun activity!

I like to add a package of the taco seasoning to my chili to give it that extra kick. YUM... I love chili!

If these slide shows aren't going, just click the "x" in the top right hand corner...

This is a great video! Prophets Speaking About the Second Coming ( Be sure to pause my music 1st)